UPDATE: News regarding JNN

This is the main message board for any and all general discussion that doesn't fit better in the other forums.

Moderator: PaceManSS

Jackson
Site Admin

News regarding JNN

Postby Jackson » Friday, September 14, 2012 14:19

Hi All,

I know I've been more-or-less absent for the past several years. With my kids growing up (my oldest is now in High School, and the other three are also all in school now), and having many things to do that I'm directly involved in, plus my promotion at work last year giving me more responsibility, I've found that I have just had negative time left over at the end of each day and each week.

As such, I wanted to let you know that I'm going to be letting go of JNN at the end of the year. I just simply do not have the time and capacity to manage even the occasional new user request, configuration update, or issue.

I remain a Joe Nemechek fan. I remain a friend and fan of all of those that have enjoyed this site for the past 10 years that I've run it (JNN was born on May 25, 2002). But now, I just have to let it go and turn it over to someone else.

If you would be interested in taking ownership of JNN for 2013, please send me an email (don't send a PM and don't post here -- you can, but also email me so I am sure to see it). If you don't know the email address, it's very simple - it's my first name (7 letters) at this domain (at joe nemechek dot net). Between now and the end of the year, I'll talk to those that express an interest and once we decide who will take over JNN, I'll transfer the domain name. Of course, with new ownership might come new design, new rules, new options and offerings, new content, etc. Hopefully whomever takes over will have as much passion, and maybe time and energy to expand the site beyond just a message board (it was, back 10 years ago, much more).

I've truly appreciated the opportunity to have this site; the number of people that have used it; and specifically, the relationships I have built with many of you solely because of it.

Take care, and as always, Go Joe!
// Jackson
Jackson Bazley
JNN Founder and Fan

JCman7
JNNFL & FOB Champion
JNNFL & FOB Champion

Re: News regarding JNN

Postby JCman7 » Friday, September 14, 2012 14:37

This is a sad day :( Thanks Jackson for everything!! You have put a lot of time and work into this special site and for that I thank you very much. Wish you the best with your promotion and with your family, please check in from time to time if the site does continue on

Smarty
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby Smarty » Friday, September 14, 2012 23:33

Wait a minute here!
This is a sad day Thanks Jackson for everything!! You have put a lot of time and work into this special site and for that I thank you very much. Wish you the best with your promotion and with your family, please check in from time to time if the site does continue on

This is a passionate group of fans and we all owe a lot of thanks to Jackson...BUT...we do not give up; Joe never has! We will band together to keep this site up and running with the most current and most accurate data that we can find! I am sure that among us there is someone smart enough, patient enough and passionate enough to step in and step up and try to fill Jackson's shoes. It will be a challenge but I am confident that we will keep this site alive!!!!

hfrick
Legend
Legend

Postby hfrick » Saturday, September 15, 2012 00:58

Jackson - this is a great Site and on a very, very short list of places I visit regularly. You have created an environment that invites passionate, stand-up fans of NASCAR, Home-Town tracks and ESPECIALLY Joe Nemechek and NEMCO Motorsports. I'm on your map all the way out in California and I believe somebody will step up to keep this neighborhood together. Thanks for all you've done. And, thank you, in advance, for helping make the transition as seamless as it can be.
HF "Rick"

Blondie
Legend
Legend

Postby Blondie » Monday, September 24, 2012 20:16

Ok.... which one of you big ka-hoona's is stepping up to the plate and taking over???? :mrgreen: I need a heads up on who and what I gotta deal with :lol: If it was lucky me taking over the admin chair, well, :lol: we would rock this site like it should !!!! You can't get sponsorship being dull & boring...prim and proper.... :roll: jeeze...

So whatcha say??? Blonde One get some azz kicking going??? I got ideas :lol:

Dan-o, you gonna be the Big Kahoona???? :shock:
ImageImage

PaceManSS
Site Admin

Postby PaceManSS » Sunday, September 30, 2012 10:15

I'm with Blondie. This could be a site that can also attract companies or past sponsors to step up to the plate again. Unfortunately, I don't know the first thing about running a website or domain, and not a thing about web design either. Can someone also please post more info about running a site? Personally I think James and Nick have what it takes to get this site going in a great direction, but I'm not sure about me seeing as I haven't kept up with technology these last couple of years.
I TOLD THE COPS I WASN'T SPEEDING, I WAS QUALIFYING!

BigRich
JNNFL & C or W Champion
JNNFL & C or W Champion

Postby BigRich » Friday, October 5, 2012 11:33

It would appear that quite a few of us do not want to see this site disappear. I think that a lot of us just do not have the know how to run a web site, I certainly do not have the skills. I do know that there are any number of web hosts, that for a reasonable fee, will take care of all the technical aspects of running this site. Maybe if there was an annual membership fee, we could then afford to hire such a service? Basically what I am saying is that a lot of companies simply pay a service to run their website. The company I work for does, and I understand its pretty reasonable.I think we pay about 50.00 a month for them to maintain and update the site. Maybe having a membership fee, or voluntary donations, or paid advertising on here??I do not know a whole lot about this stuff, does someone on here know more? Do you think this is a viable alternative? Maybe the guys at Host Gator could be helpfull?
"Auto racing, bullfighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games"
Earnest Hemingway

frj8797
Veteran
Veteran

Postby frj8797 » Thursday, October 11, 2012 16:33

SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK https://www.forumatic.com/very cheap and does all the hard stuff for us.
P.S. found another place, http://www.vbulletin.com/learn-more/
p.s.s found another place, http://www.forumup.com/new_forum.php
find racing heaven at http://www.rubbins-racin.com/forums/
Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:54 made 200th post
Saturday, November 3, 2012 21:40 became veteran rank.
300th member of JNN
Thursday, February 21, 2013 17:53 made 300th post.

Quellman
Champion
Champion

Postby Quellman » Saturday, October 13, 2012 16:29

I hope we can identify what the costs are, and perhaps just change owners. Maybe talk with hostgator to see if we can get a deal? This domain has an amazing presence on the google search results and I would hate to lose that. It could even be possible to take it under Joe's formal website.
Never gonna quit. NEMCO is legit!

Jackson
Site Admin

Postby Jackson » Friday, November 23, 2012 00:45

FYI - Now that the season is over, Ty and I will be working together to get the 2013 JNN site up and running, and then he will take over. Stay tuned for good things.
Jackson Bazley
JNN Founder and Fan

drjpreston
Rookie
Rookie

Postby drjpreston » Friday, November 23, 2012 14:25

Thanks for trying to keep this message board alive and going.
Dr. Jim
Dr. J

JCman7
JNNFL & FOB Champion
JNNFL & FOB Champion

Postby JCman7 » Friday, November 23, 2012 16:33

drjpreston wrote:Thanks for trying to keep this message board alive and going.
Dr. Jim

Nice to hear from you Dr. Jim!

Blondie
Legend
Legend

Postby Blondie » Wednesday, November 28, 2012 13:42

Dr. Jim???? Image ....say what????? ...... Well, now :mrgreen: things are looking up after all ....no wait ..... Image
ImageImage

Jackson
Site Admin

Postby Jackson » Wednesday, January 2, 2013 18:12

Ty,

Email me the phone number I can reach you at, for our discussion.

// Jackson
Jackson Bazley
JNN Founder and Fan

Jackson
Site Admin

Postby Jackson » Sunday, January 13, 2013 15:45

Hi All,

I working on transferring the site over to Ty today. I will see how much of the "history" I can get moved over and make an effort to get it as complete as possible. Keep in mind, things that get posted on the board after the backup, and migration may (or may not) make it over; it will just depend on timing and me trying to do an incremental backup to capture any "very recent" posts and then manually inserting them into the new board.

// Jackson
Jackson Bazley
JNN Founder and Fan

hfrick
Legend
Legend

Postby hfrick » Tuesday, January 15, 2013 16:59

JoeNemechek.net wrote:Hi All,

I working on transferring the site over to Ty today. I will see how much of the "history" I can get moved over and make an effort to get it as complete as possible. Keep in mind, things that get posted on the board after the backup, and migration may (or may not) make it over; it will just depend on timing and me trying to do an incremental backup to capture any "very recent" posts and then manually inserting them into the new board.

// Jackson

Jackson - you and Ty are amazing! Thanks for keeping this alive. And, if we do lose anything in the migration, I guess we'll just all have to introduce ourselves to each other's thoughts, again. That's not so bad, really.
HF "Rick"

Jackson
Site Admin

UPDATE: News regarding JNN

Postby Jackson » Wednesday, March 6, 2013 01:22

The board is now moved.

If you are reading this, you are on Ty's version of the board. This message was not posted on Jackson's version - only on Ty's version.

Thank you all for your faithful dedication to Joe and this JNN Board. I will miss you all, but I know the board is in great hands and you all will carry it on. I'll try to check in periodically.

Be well my friends.
// Jackson
Jackson Bazley
JNN Founder and Fan

JCman7
JNNFL & FOB Champion
JNNFL & FOB Champion

Postby JCman7 » Wednesday, March 6, 2013 01:32

Thank you Jackson!! We will miss you thanks again for everything and please do stop by once in a while when you have time!

Looks like some things didn't carry over like the avatars and JNNFL trophies. Even the smilies :D no biggie though

Jackson
Site Admin

Postby Jackson » Wednesday, March 6, 2013 01:51

Okay, I think I got the Avatars and Ranks (JNN Trophies) carried over. I see some Smilies on the left and they are enabled in the ACP, so it make take a little longer to figure out what's going on there.

Keep posting notes of anything else you're finding and Ty and I will try to address it.
Jackson Bazley
JNN Founder and Fan

JCman7
JNNFL & FOB Champion
JNNFL & FOB Champion

Postby JCman7 » Wednesday, March 6, 2013 07:38

Jackson wrote:Okay, I think I got the Avatars and Ranks (JNN Trophies) carried over. I see some Smilies on the left and they are enabled in the ACP, so it make take a little longer to figure out what's going on there.

Keep posting notes of anything else you're finding and Ty and I will try to address it.

Thanks Jackson they are all showing up now

hfrick
Legend
Legend

Re: UPDATE: News regarding JNN

Postby hfrick » Wednesday, March 6, 2013 16:21

You're amazing, Jackson! Thank you for everything!
HF "Rick"

Blondie
Legend
Legend

Postby Blondie » Friday, March 8, 2013 01:02

Don't be a stranger Jackson ~ especially on your birthday :|
ImageImage

diecast87
Veteran
Veteran

Postby diecast87 » Friday, March 8, 2013 12:38

Thanks Jackson for all of your hard work and stop by often.
Thanks Ty for taking over and keeping the site going.

PaceManSS
Site Admin

Postby PaceManSS » Saturday, March 9, 2013 06:41

I have uploaded some new styles for JNN. The one you see now I downloaded and changed it up a little bit. Any comments or questions reguarding this, please reply or PM me.
I TOLD THE COPS I WASN'T SPEEDING, I WAS QUALIFYING!

BigRich
JNNFL & C or W Champion
JNNFL & C or W Champion

Postby BigRich » Saturday, March 9, 2013 11:22

I like this, it looks fresh and is easier for me to read!
"Auto racing, bullfighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games"
Earnest Hemingway

Return to “General Message Board”